The annual candidate “boot camp” will be held Saturday, October 15, 2015. Day 2 is Sunday, October 16 as the day part of the returning patrollers’ On The Hill refresher. This is a great opportunity for new patrollers to “learn the ropes” (literally) and get to know the supervisors. The boot camp is open to volunteers and candidates for paid staff.
Boot camp Day 2 is part of the On The Hill refresher for returning patrollers the following day.
Here’s some information
- Start: 7am Sharp Day 1 and Day 2
- End: 4pm
- Where: Mt High West Big Pines West Lodge (the large building labeled Big Pines Lodge above the door at base of West Resort)
- Dress: Clothing dressed for as appropriate for a hike and backpack. Expect weather sunny in the 60s but be prepared for warmer or cooler. You burn more easily in mountains, wear sunscreen.
- Food (Day): Pack lunch, water, and snacks. Sandwiches in coolers would be appropriate.
- Payment: No money is required. Volunteer candidates can pay and register for NSP on Day 2. (See 2016 Checklist in “News and Updates“
- Paperwork: Sign the waiver at resort.
- Interview: No formal interviews for employee positions will be held however supervisors will be able to speak with each individual throughout the day.
- What to expect: Day 1: Fix Grip Chair Evacuation Day 2: Meetings, Detachable Chair Evac